Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyer
Philadelphia Premises Liability Attorneys Mammuth & Rosenberg Explain What Can Be Done When You Have Been Injured on Someone Else's Property
If you are reading this page then you likely realize that you may be able to seek compensation from a property owner if you have been injured while on their property. These cases are known as premises liability claims. What merits a legitimate premises liability claim? If, after reading the information below, you are still uncertain whether or not you have a legitimate premises liability claim or are interested in retaining legal counsel, contact our offices for a free consultation at 610-667-1500. We will evaluate all the details of your accident and provide you with your legal options.
There are a couple types of visitors in regards to premises liability claims.
· Invitees - who are welcomed visitors to a commercial property for the property owner's benefit
· Licensees - who are welcomed visitors to a non-commercial property for the property owner's benefit
· Trespassers - who are unauthorized visitors and are those who illegally enter a property
Safety Obligations for Property Owners
· To seek out and to warn visitors of potentially dangerous hazards on their property
· To warn visitors of any pre-existing safety hazards on the property of which the property owner is aware
· To refrain from willingly or intentionally injuring their visitors
However, property owners do not have to follow all of these safety obligations for all three types of visitors. Invitees are the only type of visitor that must be afforded to all three types of visitors.
What are some of the more common occurrences of Premises Liability?
• Slips and falls from wet floors, loose tiles, black ice, snow, poorly placed electrical cords
• Falls occurring on stairs when handrails are not available, escalators, uneven steps, etc.
• Elevators Malfunction
• Animal attacks such as dog bites
A Premises liability claim can be caused in any number of ways and properly assessing the cause of the accident can be challenging to inexperienced attorneys. Mammuth & Rosenberg have over 63 years of combined legal experience and have handled many premises liability claims.
To request a free consultation call 610-667-1500. We will work diligently to obtain a fair settlement or verdict to give you the best chance to receive full and fair compensation for your injury.